Sunday, February 26, 2012

Error message when trying to save modified maintenance plan?

I have a maintenance plan created that have been running for a few months.
Now I want to modify the plan and selected Modify on the plan and got into
an editor with the different steps. I selected "Edit" on the Backup step and
changed the name of the destination folder and clicked OK in that dialog.
When I try to save the modified maintenance plan, I only get an error dialog
with "No description found".
What is the problem?
OlavHi
I am not sure about the error, you may want to use SQL Profiler to find the
statement causing the error and try to run this manually. The quickest
solution may be to drop the maintenance plan and re-create it from scratch.
John
"Olav" wrote:

> I have a maintenance plan created that have been running for a few months.
> Now I want to modify the plan and selected Modify on the plan and got into
> an editor with the different steps. I selected "Edit" on the Backup step a
nd
> changed the name of the destination folder and clicked OK in that dialog.
> When I try to save the modified maintenance plan, I only get an error dial
og
> with "No description found".
> What is the problem?
> Olav
>
>|||I have the same problem when I try to modify a maintenance plan and then sav
e
the changes I get an error message saying "No description found" - this even
happens when I try to rename the maintenance plan. The changes are not save
d
and the maintenance plan executes ok.
I can create new plans using the wizard but not from scratch. I have
upgraded to SP1 (9.00.2047.00, SP1, Standard Edition running on Win2003 SP1)
Recreating maintenance plans each time I want to modify them is not an optio
n.
Does any one have a solution ?
"John Bell" wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
> Hi
> I am not sure about the error, you may want to use SQL Profiler to find th
e
> statement causing the error and try to run this manually. The quickest
> solution may be to drop the maintenance plan and re-create it from scratch
.
> John
> "Olav" wrote:
>|||Hi
Are you seeing this error? http://tinyurl.com/mj88y
John
"Bridgepark" wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
> I have the same problem when I try to modify a maintenance plan and then s
ave
> the changes I get an error message saying "No description found" - this ev
en
> happens when I try to rename the maintenance plan. The changes are not sa
ved
> and the maintenance plan executes ok.
> I can create new plans using the wizard but not from scratch. I have
> upgraded to SP1 (9.00.2047.00, SP1, Standard Edition running on Win2003 SP
1)
> Recreating maintenance plans each time I want to modify them is not an opt
ion.
> Does any one have a solution ?
> "John Bell" wrote:
>|||I see the "No description found" message but I have plans without Cleanup
tasks in them. I tried creating a new plan without using the wizard and whe
n
I try and save it I get the error. If I create a plan using the Wizard its
fine (even if it has a clean up task) However if I then try and alter the
plan I get the message.
"John Bell" wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
> Hi
> Are you seeing this error? http://tinyurl.com/mj88y
> John
> "Bridgepark" wrote:
>|||Hi
You may have to log a call with PSS.
John
"Bridgepark" wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
> I see the "No description found" message but I have plans without Cleanup
> tasks in them. I tried creating a new plan without using the wizard and w
hen
> I try and save it I get the error. If I create a plan using the Wizard it
s
> fine (even if it has a clean up task) However if I then try and alter the
> plan I get the message.
> "John Bell" wrote:
>

No comments:

Post a Comment