Friday, February 24, 2012

Error message on installation

I have both developer and enterprise edition of SQL 2005. I originally installed developer then did an uninstall and tried to install enterprise. Everytime it starts to install I get the following error description:

EventType : sql90setup P1 : installtoolsaction.10 P2 : 0x643
P3 : sqls__installpackageaction__perform P4 : 0x643
P5 :packageengine_installpackageaction.cpp@.167
P6 :setup.exe@.2005.90.1399.0 P7 : none

It bombs when it tries to install the client tools.

The first time I installed it worked fine but trying to reinstall has caused this error to occur everytime.

I have tried full uninstall/reboots and nothing seems to help. It is coming from an unzipped ISO but I don't see why that would be a problem.

Any Suggestions ?

I had the same problem Installing SQL 2005. Well I don't remember if the error was that one. However I reinstall the OS (Windows 2003) and then after installing SP1 I installed SQL 2005 without any problem.

Hope this helps

Al

|||

Actually I think the problem is i did not have both ISO's unzipped in the same path since there are two.

No comments:

Post a Comment