Sunday, February 26, 2012

Error Message When Deploying Report - The Item '/Data Sources'

Hi All,
I am wondering is someone can point me in the right direction,
I updated to the latest service pack on my Report Server Production Machine
and now when I attempt to deloy a report I get the following message
The Item '/Data Sources' already exists
I have tried everything I can think of to stop the message
~ Disabling and Enabling the OverwriteDataSources
~ Adding the Shared Datasource directly into the SQL frontend...
~ Running around like a chicken with no head
all seem to have the same effect...
Currently all other reports seem to work ok...
Has anyone got idea... apart from never ever ever updating to the latest
patches ;)
...Cheers
MattOn Sep 11, 10:26 pm, Aussie Matt
<AussieM...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am wondering is someone can point me in the right direction,
> I updated to the latest service pack on my Report Server Production Machine
> and now when I attempt to deloy a report I get the following message
> The Item '/Data Sources' already exists
> I have tried everything I can think of to stop the message
> ~ Disabling and Enabling the OverwriteDataSources
> ~ Adding the Shared Datasource directly into the SQL frontend...
> ~ Running around like a chicken with no head
> all seem to have the same effect...
> Currently all other reports seem to work ok...
> Has anyone got idea... apart from never ever ever updating to the latest
> patches ;)
> ...Cheers
> Matt
This might be overly simplistic, but have you tried to reselect the
datasource in the Report Mgr for the report? I have installed SP2 on a
couple different Report Servers w/no problems.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant|||Enrique,
Hi mate... yes that seems to be ok..
The report actually renders ok in the development environment...
I even tried creating a new report to see if that would overwrite the
existing shared data source but it has the same problemâ?¦. I am wondering if
it actually related to IIS6 somehow.. thou all the permissions look ok...
Thanks for the advice thou,
Cheers
Matt
"EMartinez" wrote:
> On Sep 11, 10:26 pm, Aussie Matt
> <AussieM...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > I am wondering is someone can point me in the right direction,
> > I updated to the latest service pack on my Report Server Production Machine
> > and now when I attempt to deloy a report I get the following message
> >
> > The Item '/Data Sources' already exists
> >
> > I have tried everything I can think of to stop the message
> > ~ Disabling and Enabling the OverwriteDataSources
> > ~ Adding the Shared Datasource directly into the SQL frontend...
> > ~ Running around like a chicken with no head
> >
> > all seem to have the same effect...
> >
> > Currently all other reports seem to work ok...
> >
> > Has anyone got idea... apart from never ever ever updating to the latest
> > patches ;)
> >
> > ...Cheers
> >
> > Matt
>
> This might be overly simplistic, but have you tried to reselect the
> datasource in the Report Mgr for the report? I have installed SP2 on a
> couple different Report Servers w/no problems.
> Hope this helps.
> Regards,
> Enrique Martinez
> Sr. Software Consultant
>|||Hello Again,
Well I fixed it, not sure how / why it got screwy, to fix it I went to the
Reporting Services Configuration Manager
and reset the default properties for the the Report Server Virtual
Directory and Report Manager Virtual Directory... this seem to rectify
whatever the problem
was...
Cheers
Matt
"Aussie Matt" wrote:
> Enrique,
> Hi mate... yes that seems to be ok..
> The report actually renders ok in the development environment...
> I even tried creating a new report to see if that would overwrite the
> existing shared data source but it has the same problemâ?¦. I am wondering if
> it actually related to IIS6 somehow.. thou all the permissions look ok...
> Thanks for the advice thou,
> Cheers
> Matt
> "EMartinez" wrote:
> > On Sep 11, 10:26 pm, Aussie Matt
> > <AussieM...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > > I am wondering is someone can point me in the right direction,
> > > I updated to the latest service pack on my Report Server Production Machine
> > > and now when I attempt to deloy a report I get the following message
> > >
> > > The Item '/Data Sources' already exists
> > >
> > > I have tried everything I can think of to stop the message
> > > ~ Disabling and Enabling the OverwriteDataSources
> > > ~ Adding the Shared Datasource directly into the SQL frontend...
> > > ~ Running around like a chicken with no head
> > >
> > > all seem to have the same effect...
> > >
> > > Currently all other reports seem to work ok...
> > >
> > > Has anyone got idea... apart from never ever ever updating to the latest
> > > patches ;)
> > >
> > > ...Cheers
> > >
> > > Matt
> >
> >
> > This might be overly simplistic, but have you tried to reselect the
> > datasource in the Report Mgr for the report? I have installed SP2 on a
> > couple different Report Servers w/no problems.
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Enrique Martinez
> > Sr. Software Consultant
> >
> >|||On Sep 12, 5:24 am, Aussie Matt <AussieM...@.discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hello Again,
> Well I fixed it, not sure how / why it got screwy, to fix it I went to the
> Reporting Services Configuration Manager
> and reset the default properties for the the Report Server Virtual
> Directory and Report Manager Virtual Directory... this seem to rectify
> whatever the problem
> was...
> Cheers
> Matt
> "Aussie Matt" wrote:
> > Enrique,
> > Hi mate... yes that seems to be ok..
> > The report actually renders ok in the development environment...
> > I even tried creating a new report to see if that would overwrite the
> > existing shared data source but it has the same problem... I am wondering if
> > it actually related to IIS6 somehow.. thou all the permissions look ok...
> > Thanks for the advice thou,
> > Cheers
> > Matt
> > "EMartinez" wrote:
> > > On Sep 11, 10:26 pm, Aussie Matt
> > > <AussieM...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > > Hi All,
> > > > I am wondering is someone can point me in the right direction,
> > > > I updated to the latest service pack on my Report Server Production Machine
> > > > and now when I attempt to deloy a report I get the following message
> > > > The Item '/Data Sources' already exists
> > > > I have tried everything I can think of to stop the message
> > > > ~ Disabling and Enabling the OverwriteDataSources
> > > > ~ Adding the Shared Datasource directly into the SQL frontend...
> > > > ~ Running around like a chicken with no head
> > > > all seem to have the same effect...
> > > > Currently all other reports seem to work ok...
> > > > Has anyone got idea... apart from never ever ever updating to the latest
> > > > patches ;)
> > > > ...Cheers
> > > > Matt
> > > This might be overly simplistic, but have you tried to reselect the
> > > datasource in the Report Mgr for the report? I have installed SP2 on a
> > > couple different Report Servers w/no problems.
> > > Hope this helps.
> > > Regards,
> > > Enrique Martinez
> > > Sr. Software Consultant
I'm surprised that this resolved the issue; however, I'm glad you
fixed the problem. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant|||I just spent a considerable amount of time trying to debug this error, and in
the end it was a permissions problem. As a new employee I had been given
access to the Reports folder but not to the Data Sources folder.
Hopefully this note can save someone else some time (and frustration)
diagnosing this error.

No comments:

Post a Comment