Friday, February 24, 2012

Error Message through access

HI I have access on the front end and SQL server as the engine, and I have a stored procdure in a macro called update. Now the problem with macro is when I execute it on to someone else computer I get an error message but when I execute it on my computer no error message and no macro Halt?? Anyone know what the deal is??I'd suggest that you check to see what the error message says. That could help a lot.

-PatP|||heres the message I am getting|||I'm 99% sure that the problem is object ownership. My guess would be that if you run:EXECUTE sp_help InsertTerms that the "owner" in the first line will not be dbo. To make it dbo so that the object can be seen by all users, you would use:EXECUTE sp_changeobjectowner 'InsertTerms', 'dbo'-PatP|||Open stored procedure...when did they add that?

And where do the result sets go?

What if a sproc returns more than 1.

I'll have to monkey around with this....|||All my problems today are solved I am so happy woohoooo...Pat and Bret I adore you...THANK YOU AGAIN

and more important I learned something, I do mean I learned something ahhh its all starting to come together like pieces to a puzzle

:):):):)

No comments:

Post a Comment