Friday, February 24, 2012

Error message running a SSIS package in a Job

Hello,

I'm having problems when I try to run a package from a job in SQL Server Agent. I have the same package in a server and it works fine,but when I try to install it in a different server I keep getting this error:

Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility
Version 9.00.1399.06 for 32-bit
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved.

Started: 01:19:10 p.m.
Progress: 2007-01-30 13:19:10.40
Source: Delete scripts Execute Process Task
Operation Complete: 0% complete
End Progress
Error: 2007-01-30 13:19:10.57
Code: 0xC0029151
Source: Delete scripts Execute Process Task
Description: In Executing "C:\Project_SSIS\Delete_Items.bat" "" at "", The process exit code was "1" while the expected was "0".
End Error
Progress: 2007-01-30 13:19:10.57
Source: Delete scripts Execute Process Task
Operation Complete: 100% complete
End Progress
Warning: 2007-01-30 13:19:10.57
Code: 0x80019002
Source: Upload data
Description: The Execution method succeeded, but the number of errors raised (1) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.
End Warning
DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1).
Started: 01:19:10 p.m.
Finished: 01:19:10 p.m.
Elapsed: 0.5 seconds

I can run it from Integration services Server, from BI, and I tried modifying the ProtectionLevel property to DontSaveSensitive and ServerStorage. I have other packages that run in jobs, and they work fine...but i don′t know what else to do....By the way, I'm using an administrator user to run the package.

Please help! =(

Does the SQL Server service account have access to the file, c:\project_ssis\delete_items.bat?|||Where can I check that?|||In the administrative control panel, open up the services. Then you'll have to look at the details of the SQL Server service, and see which user is listed. Then right-click on the file and look at its security properties to see if the user account has access. OR, skip all of that and right-click on the file and make sure that "Everyone" has read/execute access.

Phil|||

Hi Phil,

thank you for your replies. I checked the file's permissions and "Everyone" has read/execute access, but I still get the same message when executing from the job. The only diference I see is that the new server has Active Directory configured, and the one from my tests doesn't. Do I need to belong to certain group? Right now my user is only member of the Administrator group.

No comments:

Post a Comment