Sunday, February 26, 2012

Error message using "Copy Database Wizard"

Any advice from the crowd? Every time I try to run "Copy Database
Wizard" I get an error message saying I must be a member of the
sysadmin group and have permission to copy files over the network. I'm
a local admin on both boxes and a member of the sysadmin group on both
SQL servers and an admin on the network. What am I missing here?

Thanks,

Ralph Noble
ralph_noble@.hotmail.comIs the target server running under a domain account? Check out:

http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...463&Product=sql

--
Hope this helps.

Dan Guzman
SQL Server MVP

"Ralph Noble" <ralph_noble@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ed6de1e7.0411110741.15429731@.posting.google.c om...
> Any advice from the crowd? Every time I try to run "Copy Database
> Wizard" I get an error message saying I must be a member of the
> sysadmin group and have permission to copy files over the network. I'm
> a local admin on both boxes and a member of the sysadmin group on both
> SQL servers and an admin on the network. What am I missing here?
> Thanks,
> Ralph Noble
> ralph_noble@.hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment