Sunday, February 26, 2012

Error message when deploying cube to remote server

Hello,

I created an account called sa2 to obtain access to create a datasource for the AdventureworksDW sample database on a remote server, and granted this user all rights on the database.

When I was ready to deploy the cube I typed in the machine name (sserver) in connection settings, and then deployed. However, I got an error:

"The connection either timed out or was lost."

I then tried:

sserver\sserver

but got:

"Error 1 The project could not be deployed to the 'sserver\sserver' server because of the following connectivity problems : A connection cannot be made to redirector. Ensure that 'SQL Browser' service is running. To verify or update the name of the target server, right-click on the project in Solution Explorer, select Project Properties, click on the Deployment tab, and then enter the name of the server. 0 0


Permissions issue for the sa2 account?

Are you trying to deploy from BIDS? Is the error message coming up during deployment or during processing?|||

Hello,

Yes, from Bids. Not sure at what point the error occurs, I select deploy, processing occurs and then the error message is displayed.

Since this post I dropped the firewall on the server, and the database seems to be ceated but errors occur, so deployment is not successful.

This link:

http://www.sqljunkies.com/WebLog/edwardm/archive/2006/05/26/21447.aspx

is suggesting that I can only login with a Windows account.

|||You need a Windows Account with administrator access to the Analysis Server to deploy the database (not necessarily an Windows Administrator account). You can use a SQL Server login for the connection from Analysis Services to the relational engine.|||Make sure you used the same windows login with remote server, same username and same password. I think the problem was in authentication method.

Best regards,

Hery|||

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. The computer from which I am trying to deploy does not login to the network, so I don't have a profile which I can apply to the database. As a workaround for now I will deploy to localhost.

No comments:

Post a Comment