Friday, February 24, 2012

Error message opening table in enterprise manager

I am new to sql server and after installing enterprise manager at my
workstation I am getting the following error message when I try to open a
table in my database:
an unexpected error happened during this operation;
[ms design tools] class not registered
Basically one or more DLL's in the %Program Files%\Common Files\Microsoft
Shared\MSDeisgner98 or MSDesigner7 directories have not been registered
correctly. You can check the %WINDIR%\SQLSTP.LOG and %WINDIR%\SQLSP.LOG log
files to identify any DLL's where there was an issue with registering the
DLL's. You will then need to manually register any DLL's that reported an
issue using regsvr32.
ie.
regsvr32.exe /u "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
Shared\MSDesigners98\<DLLNAME>"
or
regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
Shared\MSDesigner7 \<DLLNAME>"
The following Goggle Groups thread provides additional details
http://shrinkster.com/9g6.
- Peter Ward
WARDY IT Solutions
"gerry m" wrote:

> I am new to sql server and after installing enterprise manager at my
> workstation I am getting the following error message when I try to open a
> table in my database:
>
> an unexpected error happened during this operation;
> [ms design tools] class not registered
>
|||Thank you very much, I will try as soon as I digest my turkey dinner! Have a
wonderful holiday.
Gerry
"P. Ward" wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
> Basically one or more DLL's in the %Program Files%\Common Files\Microsoft
> Shared\MSDeisgner98 or MSDesigner7 directories have not been registered
> correctly. You can check the %WINDIR%\SQLSTP.LOG and %WINDIR%\SQLSP.LOG log
> files to identify any DLL's where there was an issue with registering the
> DLL's. You will then need to manually register any DLL's that reported an
> issue using regsvr32.
> ie.
> regsvr32.exe /u "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
> Shared\MSDesigners98\<DLLNAME>"
> or
> regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
> Shared\MSDesigner7 \<DLLNAME>"
> The following Goggle Groups thread provides additional details
> http://shrinkster.com/9g6.
>
> - Peter Ward
> WARDY IT Solutions
>
> "gerry m" wrote:

No comments:

Post a Comment