Friday, February 24, 2012

Error message occurs when closing IE7 tabs

Ever since I installed Internet Explorer 7 I have recieved an error message when closing the browser tabs. It doesn't matter if I am closing one or all of the open tabs. Here is the message I recieve,

"Access violation at address 02050200 in module iesdsg.dll Read of address 25202E67"

This message didn't occur until I installed IE7. When I uninstall IE7 the message does not show up. Any insight would be appreciated.

I have the same issue. And it is totally driving me nuts! It has effected all the computers I have whether HP or DELL that I have IE 7 on. MS must know about the problem but is too pre-occupied with the Vista shipwreck.

|||I just installed IE7 and I'm getting this error as well. Is Microsoft looking into it?|||

I kept getting this error also, "Access violation at address 02050200 in module iesdsg.dll Read of address 25202E67". I downloaded RegCure which is free, but only fixes File Associations and Font Entries for free, you have to register (and pay) for it to fix more.

It removed the following entries:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.alx]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.alx]
@.="ALTOOLS.alx"
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.uip]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.uip]
@.="uipfile"

I tested IE and no error. I restored the registry, and the error came back. Removed the same entries from the registry and no error.

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment