Sunday, February 26, 2012

Error message when creating replication with generated SQL scripts

Hi all SQL Replication experts :)

I have created my production server as a distributor and a publication on that server. On my backup server I have created a pull subscription. After that I have generated SQL scripts on my backup server so I can create the pull subscription anytime.

To test my script I used sp_removedbreplication 'dbname' to remove replication on the backup server. I then used the generated SQL script to create the pull subscription again. I got this error message

Job 'ProdServName_DBName-BackServName-DBName401A48AE-D8DC-4F29-A610-13916370CD0B' started successfully.
Server: Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_addsubscription, Line 135
Invalid object name 'syspublications'.

What does this Error message mean and what can I do about it?

Grateful for all answers
Best,
/M

It looks like the database you are trying to add the subscription to is not the publication database. Can you confirm that the add subscription job has all the correct parameters on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment