Friday, February 17, 2012

Error message "Interface not registered"

Hi

I got the following error message when I make a new integration service project

Failed to save package file "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\1\tmp2B.tmp" with error 0x80040155 "Interface not registered".
Can someone help

Me

Just run these two commands from the command prompt:

regsvr32 msxml3.dll
regsvr32 msxml6.dll

|||yes it works for me too. Thanks.|||

I got the same issue, it also works for me.

Thank you so much!

|||

Hi-Thank you for the info. When I ran the 1st command regsvr32 msxml3.dll, it went fine. The 2nd command regsvr32 msxml6.dll told me "The specific module could not be found" I am getting errors like: Interface not registered (when I try to print), No such interface supported (when I tried to contact NoAdware for online support). Also, get same message when I try to go into a game room on Yahoo games. Please note: I just did a scan to remove adware and spyware.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me,

Corinne

|||

It looks like the software you used to "remove adware and spyware" removed much more - apparently it deleted msxml6.dll (which is installed with SQL Server 2005) and probably some interface registrations.

I would recommend reformatting and reinstalling this machine and avoiding this antispyware program in the future.

|||

Hi, I have the exact same problem but it is when I try to burn a cd using Win Media Player 10. I tried registering the .dll's, but since I don't have the SQL 2005 installed in my machine, the regsvr32 msxml6.dll gives me the same error message. I see that this forum is mainly for SQL but if anybody knows what I can do, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

|||

Hi there, di you get a reply to your query as I am experiencing the same problem. Please e-mail me & let me know. Many thanks

|||

Guys, there are thousands of interfaces registered on a typical Windows box. The error can be caused by missing registration of any of them.

We've found that particular problem ("Interface not registered" error when creating new SSIS project) is usually caused by incorrectly registered msxml dlls - my reply above describes how to fix it.

Regarding other applications - like media player, etc - there is no common answer, and you should be looking at the support forums for particular application.

|||

Quote 'I would recommend reformatting and reinstalling this machine and avoiding this antispyware program in the future.'

If I had to re-format every time something is not registering in Windows - that would be all I would be doing -Re-formatting...

Would re-installing SQL fix the problem.

Dan.

|||Hi there,

This looks like a setup issue. Did you have a prior build of SQL/VS 2005 on the machine? If so, likely the machine wasn't cleaned up prior to setting up.

regards,
ash|||I also am getting this error.
I upgraded from VS 2005 Beta 2 to VS 2005 RC, but I followed all recommended uninstallation steps prior to installing VS 2005 RC.
So what can I do about this?
Will it help at all to completely uninstall VS 2005 RC and then reinstall it?
I've already tried repairing VS 2005 RC, but it didn't make any difference.
Thanks,
Dyvim|||Try registering MSXML:

regsvr32 msxml3.dll
regsvr32 msxml6.dll|||Thanks, this worked also for me|||Thanks but how do I do this, how do I register MSXML?

No comments:

Post a Comment