Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Error received in 2005 but not in 2000

Hi All,
I'm in the process of upgrading to SQL Server 2005. I have been
getting the following error when trying to run a few reports that have
been upgraded from Reporting Services 2000 to Reporting Services 2005:
The Hidden expression used in table 'tblGeneral' returned a data
type that is not valid. (rsInvalidExpressionDataType)
The same reports still run fine under Reporting Services 2000. Has
anyone run into this or a similar issue?
Thanks,
ChadDid you convert the reports to RS 2005 or just convert a server to RS 2005.
When I upgraded my server I from time to time had some weird errors, not
many but some. I then opened up each report in RS 2005 report designer and
converted the report to RS 2005 format and then redeployed and my problems
went away.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Chad" <chad.poplawski@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1157482665.855011.138110@.h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> Hi All,
> I'm in the process of upgrading to SQL Server 2005. I have been
> getting the following error when trying to run a few reports that have
> been upgraded from Reporting Services 2000 to Reporting Services 2005:
>
> The Hidden expression used in table 'tblGeneral' returned a data
> type that is not valid. (rsInvalidExpressionDataType)
> The same reports still run fine under Reporting Services 2000. Has
> anyone run into this or a similar issue?
> Thanks,
> Chad
>|||I converted the server and the reports.
Bruce L-C [MVP] wrote:
> Did you convert the reports to RS 2005 or just convert a server to RS 2005.
> When I upgraded my server I from time to time had some weird errors, not
> many but some. I then opened up each report in RS 2005 report designer and
> converted the report to RS 2005 format and then redeployed and my problems
> went away.
>
> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> "Chad" <chad.poplawski@.gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1157482665.855011.138110@.h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I'm in the process of upgrading to SQL Server 2005. I have been
> > getting the following error when trying to run a few reports that have
> > been upgraded from Reporting Services 2000 to Reporting Services 2005:
> >
> >
> > The Hidden expression used in table 'tblGeneral' returned a data
> > type that is not valid. (rsInvalidExpressionDataType)
> >
> > The same reports still run fine under Reporting Services 2000. Has
> > anyone run into this or a similar issue?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chad
> >|||Same problem here
Any solution?
orbit
Chad wrote:
> I converted the server and the reports.
> Bruce L-C [MVP] wrote:
> > Did you convert the reports to RS 2005 or just convert a server to RS 2005.
> > When I upgraded my server I from time to time had some weird errors, not
> > many but some. I then opened up each report in RS 2005 report designer and
> > converted the report to RS 2005 format and then redeployed and my problems
> > went away.
> >
> >
> > --
> > Bruce Loehle-Conger
> > MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> >
> > "Chad" <chad.poplawski@.gmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:1157482665.855011.138110@.h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I'm in the process of upgrading to SQL Server 2005. I have been
> > > getting the following error when trying to run a few reports that have
> > > been upgraded from Reporting Services 2000 to Reporting Services 2005:
> > >
> > >
> > > The Hidden expression used in table 'tblGeneral' returned a data
> > > type that is not valid. (rsInvalidExpressionDataType)
> > >
> > > The same reports still run fine under Reporting Services 2000. Has
> > > anyone run into this or a similar issue?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Chad
> > >

No comments:

Post a Comment