Thursday, March 29, 2012

Error Rendering to Excel

Rendering a report to Excel (using Viewer-Export or SOPA-API), I get the
following error:
Exception of type
Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportRendering.ReportRenderingException was
thrown. (rrRenderingError) Onlinehilfe
Exception of type
Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportRendering.ReportRenderingException was
thrown.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Rendering to any other format works fine.
What I found out:
The error happens only, if in the report header or footer is a textbox with
any expression e.g. Globals!PageNumber. If I remove all expressions,
rendering to excel works fine.
But I need this expressions !
Any solution or workaround available ?
Robert WeissWhat type of expression are you using in the Report Header or Footer?
I can't be data from a datasource.
Yosh
"rweiss" <rweiss@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:80FD9EC9-F2DD-46A3-8396-A4787E005977@.microsoft.com...
> Rendering a report to Excel (using Viewer-Export or SOPA-API), I get the
> following error:
> Exception of type
> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportRendering.ReportRenderingException was
> thrown. (rrRenderingError) Onlinehilfe
> Exception of type
> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportRendering.ReportRenderingException was
> thrown.
> Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
> Rendering to any other format works fine.
> What I found out:
> The error happens only, if in the report header or footer is a textbox
> with
> any expression e.g. Globals!PageNumber. If I remove all expressions,
> rendering to excel works fine.
> But I need this expressions !
> Any solution or workaround available ?
> Robert Weiss|||Any expression, for example Globals!PageNumber will do.
In my original report I had a lot of expressions referencing Code and
Parameters, but not the datasource.
I removed everything, now there is only header and footer with some
textboxes left.
As soon as there is any expression other than a literal in one of the
textboxes, the rendering exception occurs.
It's strange, because in other reports there is no problem with expressions
like Globals!PageNumber and rendering to excel.
Robert
"Yoshi" wrote:
> What type of expression are you using in the Report Header or Footer?
> I can't be data from a datasource.
> Yosh
>
> "rweiss" <rweiss@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:80FD9EC9-F2DD-46A3-8396-A4787E005977@.microsoft.com...
> > Rendering a report to Excel (using Viewer-Export or SOPA-API), I get the
> > following error:
> >
> > Exception of type
> > Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportRendering.ReportRenderingException was
> > thrown. (rrRenderingError) Onlinehilfe
> > Exception of type
> > Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportRendering.ReportRenderingException was
> > thrown.
> > Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
> >
> > Rendering to any other format works fine.
> >
> > What I found out:
> > The error happens only, if in the report header or footer is a textbox
> > with
> > any expression e.g. Globals!PageNumber. If I remove all expressions,
> > rendering to excel works fine.
> >
> > But I need this expressions !
> >
> > Any solution or workaround available ?
> >
> > Robert Weiss
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment