Thursday, March 29, 2012

Error Rendering trough Web Service to WebArchivo format

Hi,
We are using the Reporting Services Web Service, in order to expose some
reports in our Web Application, right now I am trying to enable exporting the
report to the available formats in Reporting Services, and altough everything
seems to be working fine, when I try to render as Web Archive, I get the
following exception:
Exception of type
Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportRendering.ReportRenderingException was
thrown. --> The parameter is incorrect.
first I tough it was because of the device info configuration I was using,
since it was the same of the html format (which had things like turning off
the toolbar), thus I instead didnt pass any deviceinfo(null), in both cases
it works fine in all formats but it doesnt in Web Archive.
I have been searching for info about the error, but I havent found any ...
if anyone knows what is happening, I will be thankfull :) ... in the mean
time, I will keep trying, and if I find anything I will post it here.I have continued digging on the problem, I havent found anything on the
internet, and I have cleared out some things about the problem ...
so, here are some aditional info about the problem:
- it isnt only happening when I try to render the report trough the Web
Service, it also happens when I use url access.
- it is happening specifically in this report, there are other reports that
works well
- I am not using any totals/subtotals formulas (I say this, since I have
read this might cause trouble in certain rendering extensions)
- I just found something else (I have 3 reports):
- the report that is working doesnt receive any parameter
- the 2 reports that doesnt work receive 1 parameter, and additionaly have
a list of valid values ...
it looks like it were a bug, something along the lines that rendering
extension either ignores the parameters, or gets confused where there is a
list of valid values ...
Any help will be greatly appreciated ... in the mean time, I will be playing
with the reports definition, in order to find what is exactly happening, if I
dont find a solution soon I will restrict that rendering extension from being
used :(:(:( ...|||I am done with this, I am pretty certain is a bug, just not the type of bug I
tough ...
it is really weird, I played with the parameter options in the report and
the error kept happening, then I decided playing with the report design ...
well, whenever I put a third column in my report, the error happens when I
try to export it to web archive ... I put all types of definition in the
third column, to see if I managed to see anything making it fail, but didnt
arrive to anything, I tried from the simplest one (static text + no
formatting) all trough a "complex" one (formatting + dinamic text ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment