Thursday, March 29, 2012

Error removing a view

I have developer who created a view on a database in SQL MSDE 2000 and for some reason it was created without an owner. When I try to DROP this view I get the following error message:
Cannot drop the view 'V_RATE_CATEGORY', because it does not exist in the system catalog.
Any help on how I can get this view would dropped would be greatly appreciated
Thanks,
Jerry
hi,
"Jerbear64" <Jerbear64@.discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:77383992-90E5-4220-9866-01EDDAC0ADDF@.microsoft.com...
> I have developer who created a view on a database in SQL MSDE 2000 and for
>some reason it was created without an owner. When I try to DROP this view
I get
> the following error message:
> Cannot drop the view 'V_RATE_CATEGORY', because it does not exist in the
system
>catalog.
> Any help on how I can get this view would dropped would be greatly
appreciated
it's actually not possible the object not having an owner... it will inherit
the creator owner name...
if you logged in with a different login that not maps to that user, try
locating it with it's owner name in the form , owner_name.object_name
if his user name in the database is minnie, try
minnie.V_RATE_CATEGORY
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtmhttp://italy.mvps.org
DbaMgr2k ver 0.8.0 - DbaMgr ver 0.54.0
(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
interface)
-- remove DMO to reply
|||Jerry,
A similar question was just raised in the .server group. Do you know what
tool the developer was using? (I have only seen this when developing using
Access 2000 ADPs. But that may not be the only cause. That is why I am
curious.)
Russell Fields
"Jerbear64" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:27d5901c46449$0f74ce80$a601280a@.phx.gbl...[vbcol=seagreen]
> Modify the table sysobjects field UID and change it from a
> 11 to 1 and then I was able to remove the view.
> Jerry
>
> MSDE 2000 and for some reason it was created without an
> owner. When I try to DROP this view I get the following
> error message:
> not exist in the system catalog.
> be greatly appreciated
|||I know it should not be possible, but the owner came up showing a "null" value. How it happen I don't but it did.
Jerry
"Andrea Montanari" wrote:

> hi,
> "Jerbear64" <Jerbear64@.discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:77383992-90E5-4220-9866-01EDDAC0ADDF@.microsoft.com...
> I get
> system
> appreciated
> it's actually not possible the object not having an owner... it will inherit
> the creator owner name...
> if you logged in with a different login that not maps to that user, try
> locating it with it's owner name in the form , owner_name.object_name
> if his user name in the database is minnie, try
> minnie.V_RATE_CATEGORY
> --
> Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
> http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtmhttp://italy.mvps.org
> DbaMgr2k ver 0.8.0 - DbaMgr ver 0.54.0
> (my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
> interface)
> -- remove DMO to reply
>

No comments:

Post a Comment