Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Error R6034 in MSIEXEC.EXE while installing Proclarity Desktop Pro 6.3 Evaluation

What can I do about this? There doesn't seem to be any workaround, I've upgraded everything, including the Msiexec to 3.2 (v2), but the same error always pops up.

I've done other installs of the same product without any problem whatsoever.

Can anyone help?

Regards,

Incognitus

Hello,

This isn't an error we commonly see. It actually looks to be a generic error from the Visual C++ runtime (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235299(VS.80).aspx). You might try searching for that error and seeing what others have done to resolve it. Those same solutions will likely work for the ProClarity install as well.

Regards,

Ben

|||

I did search ... it spoke about VC80, manifest and stuff like that. Too technical for me to understand it.

Thanks anyway. I guess I'll have to do the Eval with Proclarity Web Pro, which installed without any problem.

|||

If you have as2000 installed, maybe you will need to install the servicePack 4.

I had problems installing ProClarity 6.3 because i didn't had the latest servicePack of SQLServer 2000.

I hope this helps,

Rafael Augusto

No comments:

Post a Comment